Who We Are:
Cheder Levi Yitzchok is a Chabad Lubavitch registered school (Foundation – Year 8), dedicated to the teachings of the Lubavitcher Rebbe. Through a traditional Kodesh, and integrated general studies curriculum, the school’s educational program seeks to imbue students with G-d consciousness in all their learning. In a warm, happy and focused environment, we empower our students to be moral contributors to society, to develop a lifelong passion for learning and to be proudly at ease with their cultural identity.
We seek a committed and experienced qualified Secondary school teacher from all subject areas to join our teaching faculty for the start of 2022.
The Secondary School Teacher is appointed by the Principal of the School. The position will attract a salary and teaching load as determined through discussion on appointment.
- Work proactively within a collaborative teaching team, including the Rabbinic advisory staff and the senior academic staff at the school.
- Contribute to and monitor the wellbeing of students.
- Use Information and Communication Technologies to present engaging and challenging learning experiences while maintaining the ethos and cultural sensitivities of the Chabad-Lubavitch community.
- Plan and present learning experiences that are student-centered and focused on outcomes-based upon the school’s integrated curriculum.
- Closely monitor student progress in each subject area and maintain up-to-date student records on each student’s learning.
- Communicate student progress to parents through feedback, interviews and formal semester reports in conjunction with the co-teacher.
- Facilitate appropriate individualized remediation and extension activities as required.
- Attend and participate in Staff Meetings, and School-based Professional Development activities as necessary for the position.
- Ensure all activities are pursued in a manner consistent with the School’s Code of Conduct
- Additional tasks as assigned by the Principal.
- The ability and commitment to develop and deliver engaging lessons that stimulate and educate students
- Competent technology skills relevant to the teaching areas
- Excellent manner in dealing with staff, students, parents and general public
- Ability to work as part of a team, and ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Punctual and flexible & have excellent time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to show initiative and to be proactive
- Reports to Principal and Head of General Studies
Supervises & Leads
- Classroom assistants & Integration Aides
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal effectively with students, staff and parents.
- Familiarity with the Victorian/Australian Curriculum.
- Proficiency in relevant software systems for optimal data storage and processes.
- Demonstrates a passion and enthusiasm for teaching with a strong focus on developing curiosity and love of learning
- Possess VIT teaching registration.
Cheder Levi Yitzchok is fully committed to child safety. All staff must undertake a Child Protection training course and have a current Working with Children Check.
Written applications consisting of full Curriculum Vitae should be directed to Mrs Devora Goldman, PA to the Principal, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for all applications which must include the names and telephone contact number of two (2) professional referees should be received by 4 pm on Friday 12th November 2021.