Lakeside College is currently seeking a suitably experienced person to join our College as a teacher of VCE and Middle School English for 2022 and beyond. Applicants are to address the key selection criteria.
Position: Teacher of VCE and Middle School English
Organisational Relationship: Responsible to the Head of Secondary School
Employment Basis: Full-Time, Ongoing, Commencing Term 1, 2022
Location: Pakenham, VIC 3810
Classification: Lutheran Education Victoria, New South Wales, Tasmania Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2018 and the National Employment Standards.
Lakeside College is a Prep to 12 co-educational Christian school in the Lutheran tradition. Situated in Pakenham, a picturesque suburb and easy drive to the south-east of the Melbourne CBD, the College campus boasts excellent facilities in pleasant surrounds. Partnerships with local organisations give access to impressive arts and sports venues.
Serving a growing and vibrant community, Lakeside College has a current enrolment of 460 students split across Primary, Middle and Senior Schools. Students, staff and parents are committed to supporting each child to learn, care and achieve – in doing so, giving glory to God and serving the world in love.
Key Selection Criteria
The applicant for the position is required to provide evidence of skills and experience that demonstrate the following:
- An active Christian faith and willingness to uphold the ethos of the Lutheran Church of Australia.
- Demonstrated high level of communication and interpersonal skills when relating to students, parents and other staff.
- Ability to select and use appropriately, a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies to suit the needs of a diverse range of students.
- Demonstrated commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the College team.
- Applicants must have the capacity and ability to contribute to our camp program and possess adequate fitness to participate in a range of outdoor education camps.
- Capacity to establish and develop positive and constructive relationships with students, staff, parents and members of the wider community.
- Ability and desire to contribute to the Pastoral Care program of the College and serve as a homeroom/pastoral care teacher.
- Demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon their professional practice.
- Demonstrate the capacity for best practice in curriculum development and implementation, evaluation and assessment and management of teaching and learning activities.
- Ability to apply digital technologies to the teaching and learning process as well as collecting, organising and processing relevant data.
- Ability and willingness to teach outside of English in the Middle and Senior schools will be of great advantage.
- Must be compliant with Health Directions requiring COVID-19 Vaccination
Applicants should submit an application containing:
- A resume of no more than 3 pages including details of 3 referees, including one who must attest to the applicant’s faith and/or ability to support the Christian ethos of the school. Applicants that cannot provide such a reference should not apply.
- A statement addressing the selection criteria of no more than 2 pages
- Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com
- Questions can be addressed to the College Principal, Mr Tom Brennen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications open: 9am Friday 14th October
- Application close: 5pm Monday 25th October