- Ongoing and full time
- Cross campus, Corio based
Geelong Grammar School is one of the world’s leading co-educational boarding and day schools. Offering exceptional educational opportunities across four campuses from Early Learning to Year 12, Geelong Grammar School is committed to making a positive difference for students, staff and the community. We believe in prioritising wellbeing, adventure, creativity and academic rigour.
We have a new opportunity for a Sustainability Manager to create and lead implementation of the GGS Sustainability Strategy and deliver a business plan and projects for GGS to become Carbon Negative.
About the role:
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, the key responsibilities of this exciting new role include:
- Embed the Sustainability Strategy into the Corio Masterplan
- Develop a GGS Policy for endorsement by the GGS Executive and Leadership Team
- Embed a Sustainability Accreditation Framework and develop reporting to track delivery and ensure its application to decision taking
- Engage student and staff voice in Sustainability
- Chair the GGS Sustainability Committee
- Build connections to the Geelong sustainability community
- Implement and project manage sustainability initiatives
Applicants must possess:
- A passion and previous experience in leading organisations to improve sustainability
- Knowledge of the current government policies and leading organisational practices in sustainability
- Relevant qualifications
- Well-developed IT and administration skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Builds positive and professional relationships
- Demonstrated analytical and problem management skills
- A proven capacity to initiate and facilitate effective change, including psychological shifts, collaboration, process development, documentation, and implementation
- Personal alignment to our School’s Strategic Framework and Strategic Imperatives
- Demonstrates exemplary ethical standards
- Open to new ideas and approaches
- Collaborates effectively with individuals and teams
In accordance with the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic) (or similar legislation), Geelong Grammar School require all staff to provide evidence to the School that they have been vaccinated against COVID-19 or are otherwise medically exempt.
Geelong Grammar School is committed to the safety of children and has a zero tolerance of child abuse.
For further details and/or to apply, visit the Employment page on our website: www.ggs.vic.edu.au/careers
Applications close at 12:00noon on Monday 31 January 2022