An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and adaptable, qualified Early Childhood Assistant to join our Early Learning Centre (ELC) team. This is a part-time, fixed-term contract position, working weekdays from 10.30am to 2pm each day. The position commences immediately until December 2022.
About the position:
- Work flexibly with teachers across all rooms of the ELC, including assisting in rooms during break times of other teacher assistants and educators
- Display a supportive and respectful attitude to children and their families
- Build strong relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of the educational programme in collaboration with other Assistant Educators, ELC Teachers and the ELC Coordinator
- Assist with documentation of student learning and maintain accurate records as directed by the ELC Teachers and ELC Coordinator
- The role reports to the ELC Teachers within each room and the ELC Coordinator as part of the ELC team.
- You are passionate about education, learning, the growth and development of individual students and care about their wellbeing. Within your sphere of influence, you aim to foster an environment where academic excellence, emotional growth, social connection and curious discovery are nurtured. You must support the School's vision and ethos and demonstrate the School Values of Achievement, Responsibility, Respect, Resilience and Care and Empathy. You will always be an excellent professional role model for our students. You will deliver the best possible education and support for each student in your care.
Working at The Knox School offers:
- Personalised staff Professional Development Program.
- Competitive salary, dependent on skillset and experience.
- Mentoring that provides opportunities for career development and progression.
- Supportive and stimulating work and learning environment set amongst beautiful grounds.
- Onsite car parking.
The ideal candidate:
- Hold a Diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalent qualifications
- Have detailed knowledge and understanding of the School’s obligations in respect of Ministerial Order No. 870, the Reportable Conduct Scheme, mandatory reporting, record keeping in relation to student safety and wellbeing, the failure to disclose and failure to protect offences (and any other information sharing and reporting obligations that may arise).
- Have detailed knowledge of, and be able to adhere to, the School’s policies and student safety practices, including those detailed in the Student Safety at The Knox School Handbook.
- Hold a current National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check.
- Satisfactorily complete a values-based interview which will assess suitability to work with children and young people and ensure that children and young people’s rights are respected.
- Have sound knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Framework
- Demonstrate a genuine passion for, and commitment to early childhood education and proven record of outstanding care for student wellbeing using a range of approaches.
- Be professional, collaborative, flexible and adaptable.
- Hold a current Level 2 First Aid Qualification, including CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Training.
- Participate in and contribute to the co-curricular and wellbeing programs within the School.
Commitment to Student Safety:
The Knox School is committed to providing a student safe and friendly environment, where children and young people are safe, feel safe and are able to actively participate in decisions that affect their lives.
We have a zero tolerance for child abuse or reportable conduct and are committed to acting in our student’s best interests and keeping them safe from harm.
The School regards its student protection responsibilities with the utmost importance and as such, is committed to providing the necessary resources to ensure compliance with all relevant child protection laws and regulations and maintain a student safe culture.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Conditions, including salary, will be discussed at interview with shortlisted candidates. Written applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 27 May 2022 and will be reviewed on receipt.
Applicants are invited to submit their resume along with a cover letter outlining recent experience and skills particularly aligned to the position, by email to Ms Jenny Lutz, HR Manager email@example.com.