An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate French Teacher to join our School community from Term 1, 2023.
This is a full time, ongoing position. Reporting into the Head of Languages, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering an engaging and innovative French curriculum across Years 7 to 12.
To be successful in this opportunity you will require:
- Current VIT Registration.
- Previous experience teaching French from Years 7 to 12.
- Proven VCE performance and outcomes.
- A current knowledge of Australian Curriculum imperatives as they impact on LOTE.
- Capability to impart to students a love of learning of the French language and culture.
- Demonstrated innovative use of ICT to enrich learning.
- Well-developed classroom management strategies which enhance student engagement and outcomes.
- Knowledge of contemporary pedagogy and a willingness to embrace the St Catherine’s Teaching for Thinking culture.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting and contributing to a collegial environment.
Why work for us?
- Fantastic opportunity to work in a highly regarded independent school in Toorak.
- Integrated professional learning teams with learning coaches
- Collaborative and supportive team environment.
- Access to professional development.
- Onsite parking available and close to public transport.
- Onsite cafe and use of gym and swimming pool facilities.
Want to find out more?
To view the position description, or to apply visit https://www.stcatherines.net.au/about-us/employment/
Applicants will be requested to upload:
- a letter addressed to the Principal, responding to the key selection criteria; and
- a resume.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Human Resources via email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Applications will close Monday 15 August 2022 at 5pm, however earlier applications are encouraged as interviews may commence prior to the closing date.