About the Role
Working collaboratively as part of the Property and Maintenance Team, the role will be responsible for ensuring the maintenance and upkeep of the College's facilities and grounds. This role is also responsible for leading any electrical works undertaken at the College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform carpentry repairs/maintenance and coordinate onsite contractors as required.
- Ensure facilities and grounds are maintained at the highest standards and conduct regular daily cleaning of the College grounds.
- Assist in the appropriate presentation, set-up and dismantling of building and equipment for special events and activities.
- Perform minor repairs, maintenance, cleaning and respond to requests on the maintenance help desk.
- Assist in the collection of rubbish, waste disposal, and paper recycling collection as required.
- Distribute deliveries around the College.
- Car park duties.
- Ensure halls are well presented and fit for purpose.
- Regularly report progress and issues to the Facilities and Grounds Manager on repairs and maintenance of fittings and fixtures to ensure an appropriate level of functionality and safety.
- Strictly exercise and adhere to OH&S procedures at all times.
- Assist the maintenance team as required.
- Other duties as required by the Facilities and Grounds Manager.
- Hold a valid Victorian Working with Children Check card.
- Carpentry trade certificate.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work cooperatively and autonomously within the College environment and maintenance department.
- Prior experience in a maintenance services position within a school would be advantageous.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Competent with using Microsoft Office suite - Outlook, Word, etc.
- Flexible with working arrangements, ensuring minimal disruption to classes.
- Hold a current Driver's License.
- Elevated Work Platform (EWP) License or High Risk Work License is desirable.
Bialik College is located close to the Monash Freeway and Tooronga Station.
- Free secure onsite parking.
- Additional Paid Jewish Holidays
- Access to school fee discounts for enrolled Kinder- Year 12 children.
- Local retail discounts.
- Safe & secure environment with onsite security
Apply now if this sounds like the opportunity for you!
To apply for this role please submit your Resume and Cover Letter directly via SEEK
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain a Working with Children Check.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please apply through Seek directly