The Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department and assist the Director of Business with Financial and Business Management of the College. The successful candidate will directly manage the Finance Team and work closely with the College Council’s Finance, Fee Assistance and Audit Committees as well as the College’s Foundation.
- Maintain accounting records and internal controls at best practice levels to ensure the College’s financial activities are accurate, compliant, timely, and are completed to a very high standard.
- Prepare the College’s 3 way reporting on at least a quarterly basis within 5 business days of the expiry of each reporting period to monitor performance against budget and supported by insightful commentary and analysis where required.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of all compliance and statutory reports for Commonwealth and State Governments and all statutory educational bodies.
- Prepare monthly management and expenditure reports with supporting commentary and analysis for College Council, Finance Committee, Audit Committee, Foundation and school / ELC budget holders.
- Oversee the preparation and invoicing of families for school fees and other charges.
- Supervise payroll and the payment of salaries.
- Staff supervision – ensure the finance function is performed in an efficient and timely manner by managing workloads, monitoring and developing work systems, determining priorities and implementing guidelines.
The Ideal Candidate
- Tertiary level qualification in Accounting / Finance.
- CPA or CA qualification.
- Ability to monitor, lead, manage and inspire the Finance team.
- Strong financial/accounting skills and knowledge.
- Experience in managing multiple finance functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner and uphold the values and ethics of the College.
Perks at Bialik
Bialik College is located close to the Monash Freeway and Tooronga Station.
- Additional Paid Jewish Holidays
- Free secure onsite parking.
- Be part of a wider school community and a supportive environment
- Salary packaging options.
- Access to school fee discounts for enrolled Kinder- Year 12 children.
- Local retail discounts.
- Safe & secure environment with onsite secure parking