HCC Head of Music January 2024
Heatherton Christian College is seeking to employ an innovative, passionate and engaging Head of Music to be a key part of our team, commencing in January 2024.
This role is ongoing and will be a part-time or full-time position – the time fraction is negotiable. It will involve teaching primary and secondary students. Concert Band/Conducting experience is advantageous.
A more detailed Position Description can be accessed on our website at www.hcc.vic.edu.au via the ABOUT tab - Employment.
Salary Scale: $90,000 - $130,000. A salary package consistent with the applicant’s level of experience and expertise will be negotiated.
Key Selection Criteria
1. Be a qualified, experienced teacher and hold current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT), as well as suitable qualifications and current expertise to teach in these subject areas.
2. Demonstrate and articulate a strong Christian faith (with active church membership/involvement) and be willing to subscribe, wholeheartedly, to the Heatherton Christian College Statement of Faith.
3. A passion for music, demonstrated by a strong background in Music Performance, Music teaching and oversight, with a depth of knowledge and understanding of the concepts in the relevant teaching areas.
4. A willingness to grow and develop as a teacher through reflection on their practice, taking on feedback and seeking personal and professional learning opportunities.
5. Excellent written, presentation, teaching, organisational and communication skills.
6. A willingness to work collaboratively and contribute to the Christian ethos and Christian community of the College, including possible contribution to extra-curricular activities (for example: school camps, excursions, staff retreat etc).
Applications will be received as advertised until Friday 8 December 2023 and should be marked with the position you are applying for and sent via email to the Head of Campus, Jason Burgess, at email@example.com
Applicants are invited to provide:
· a cover letter
· a concise curriculum vitae including:
o personal details
o church involvement
o career experience, and
o academic attainments
· three referees are required to be listed, including one church reference demonstrating an active Christian faith.
In your cover letter, you may want to include reference to:
· ability to perform your responsibilities in a manner which reflects the College’s mission
· your capacity and experience to deliver the subject area
· any previous experience regarding teaching in a Christian context
· your pastoral heart for student welfare, community connectivity and parent partnership
· any relevant technological skills
Heatherton Christian College
Heatherton Christian College is an independent, Christian co-educational College for students from Prep to Year 12. The College is located in the South-East suburbs of Melbourne, about a 30-minute drive from the Melbourne CBD and has a current enrolment of 365 students. 
We believe in a holistic education where academic learning is balanced with the pursuit of spiritual, emotional, social, and physical wellbeing. The teachers are hand-picked for their professionalism and develop strong and caring relationships with their students as they encourage them to grow as learners and grow in their faith and character.
Staff members are expected to subscribe wholeheartedly to the Heatherton Christian College Statement of Faith and be active Christians with church involvement.
If you are successful in obtaining an interview you will be contacted by telephone. If your application is not successful, you will be notified by email.
Should you require any further information please telephone the College office on 03 8551 6650 or visit our website at www.hcc.vic.edu.au
 The College is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. Everyone working at the College is responsible for the care and protection of children. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Child Safety Code of Conduct and the College’s Child Protection and Safety Policy. Applicants are required to provide a valid Working With Children Check/VIT and will be subject to background checking in accordance with this policy.