WYNDHAM CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
Primary Art Teacher Position, January 2024
Wyndham Christian College is currently seeking applicants for an Primary Art Teacher position, commencing January 2024.
This position is ongoing, time fraction negotiable. We welcome and encourage new graduates and experienced teachers to apply.
Key Selection Criteria
· Be a qualified teacher holding current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT), and with an expertise and passion to teach in this specialist subject area.
· The ability to monitor and assess student learning data and to use this data to inform teaching for improved student learning.
· A willingness to grow and develop as a teacher through reflection on their practice, taking on feedback and seeking personal and professional learning opportunities.
· Excellent written, presentation, teaching, organisational and communication (written and verbal) skills.
· A willingness to work collaboratively and contribute to the Christian ethos and Christian community of the College, including contributing to extra-curricular activities.
Applications will be received as advertised until Friday 8 December 2023 and should be marked with the position you are applying for and sent via email to the Head of Campus, Kerrie Neophytou, at email@example.com
Applicants are invited to provide:
· a cover letter
· a concise curriculum vitae including:
o personal details
o church involvement
o career experience, and
o academic attainments
· three referees are required to be listed, including one church reference demonstrating an active Christian faith
In your cover letter, you may want to include reference to:
· ability to perform your responsibilities in a manner which reflects the College’s mission
· your capacity and experience to deliver this specialist subject area
· any previous experience regarding teaching in a Christian context
· your pastoral heart for student welfare, community connectivity and parent partnership
· any relevant technological skills
Wyndham Christian College
Wyndham Christian College (WCC) is a rapidly growing College with big ambitions for each student. WCC provides engaging learning opportunities for students from Prep through to Year 8 with year levels 9 to 12 being added over the next 4 years. We provide an innovative learning framework within a safe and supportive Christian environment with a vision for all our students to Grow in Christ, Strive for Excellence and Influence the World.
Staff members are expected to subscribe wholeheartedly to the Wyndham Christian College Statement of Faith and be active Christians with church involvement.
If you are successful in obtaining an interview you will be contacted by telephone. If your application is not successful, you will be notified by email.
Should you require any further information please telephone the College office on 03 8740 4770 or visit our website at, www.wyndhamcc.vic.edu.au.
 The College is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. Everyone working at the College is responsible for the care and protection of children. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Child Safety Code of Conduct and the College’s Child Protection and Safety Policy. Applicants are required to provide a valid Working With Children Check/VIT and will be subject to background checking in accordance with this policy.