Title: Administrative Assistant – Wyndham Christian College
Reports to: Head of Campus
Wyndham Christian is currently seeking applicants for an Administrative Assistant position for January 2024.
Hours of Work
This position is ongoing, part-time or full-time, time fraction negotiable. Hours will be 8am to 4pm, however, this may vary from time to time to suit College requirements (flexible working hours required).
About the Role
The successful applicant will be required to work during school terms and during part of the school holidays. Additional days may be required during professional development weeks and will be negotiated with the Office Manager.
This position involves undertaking a range of receptionist and administrative tasks requiring the following:
· Experience in and the ability to manage a busy reception area
· A professional and friendly disposition, attention to detail and a courteous telephone manner
· Confidence and competence in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the ability to maintain a variety of other databases
· A capacity to be a self-starter and work without supervision
· Efficient organisational and preparation skills
· The ability to interact with students, staff and parents
· High level of interpersonal skills
· Competency in First Aid would be an advantage
The Administrative Assistant fulfils a key role in providing generalist support for various administrative functions related to College organisation, including First Aid.
Skills, Experience and/or Qualifications
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, i.e., good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with children, parents and the College community, and any other visitors in a professional manner
· Self-motivation, initiative and flexibility, with the ability to respond to the changing demands of the position
· Discretion and an ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
· Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders
· Proven time-management skills; ability to work to tight timelines and manage tasks with minimal supervision
· Proven capacity to work independently but also possess the ability to work as part of a team
· Empathy and cultural awareness
· Reliability and punctuality
· Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
· A capacity and genuine desire to learn and apply new skills
The applicant must subscribe wholeheartedly to the Wyndham Christian College Statement of Faith, be active Christians and regularly attend church. Wyndham Christian College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees will be required to comply with the College’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. 
Applicants should email:
· a resume which should include three referees (including one church reference demonstrating a Christian faith)
· a cover letter addressing the requirements outlined above.
Please email your application to the Head of Campus, Ms Kerrie Neophytou at email@example.com
Applications are due by Friday 22 December 2023.
Further information about the College can be found on the College website at www.wyndhamcc.vic.edu.au
 1 The College is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. Everyone working at the College is responsible for the care and protection of children. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Child Safety Code of Conduct and the College’s Child Protection and Safety Policy. Applicants are required to provide a valid Working With Children Check and will be subject to background checking in accordance with this policy.