Divrei Emineh School [Beis Efraim College] seeks expressions of interest for VIT Registered Teachers with specialist experience and knowledge in teaching and conversing with students in Yiddish.
Interested applicants must:
- Be able to converse in the Yiddish language [Hungarian dialect] in conversation, reading and writing.
- Be knowledgeable and conversant with all practices and obligations of a Chassidic Jewish lifestyle.
- Have specialised levels of knowledge in Chassidic values, ethics and philosophy.
- Advocate a Chassidic lifestyle and Chassidic practices.
Key Duties of the Position
- To facilitate teaching and learning in a bi-lingual Yiddish and English classroom and school.
- To communicate in Yiddish for up to 80% of the day.
- To deliver the stated integrated curriculum as required by the college (incorporating Bi-Literacy, Numeracy and Science, The Arts, Humanities, Technologies program, Civics and Citizenship, Economics and Business, and HPE) through the Yiddish language.
- To monitor and evaluate each student's learning and progress.
- To support, analyse and assist student learning, both individually and in groups.
- To evaluate and report on students' learning development to both college leadership and parents.
- To maintain a high level of "duty of care".
- To conduct all interaction with students and parents with professionalism.
Key Selection Criteria
- Fluency and general communication skills [Reading; writing and speaking] in Yiddish [Hungarian dialect].
- Should have a thorough in-depth knowledge of Chassidic values, ethics and philosophy.
- Must demonstrate capability in classroom management and display respectful and respectable conduct to both parents and students.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development as a member of the college's teaching team and must show a firm commitment to the integral value of required personal development.
Positions being offered with options available for 0.5 - 1.0 FTE
How to Apply:
All prospective applicants are required to send a comprehensive CV disclosing all relevant qualifications of suitability for the position to Mrs Nathan at email@example.com.
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The successful applicant’s appointment will be conditional to that person undergoing a satisfactory Child Safe check and current VIT registration.
Employment to commence:
Options for Term 4 2023 (November 2023), or starting Term 1 2024 (February 2024), however the school is seeking applications on an ongoing basis.