Waverley Christian College is a Christian co-educational school from Kinder to Year 12. We have been providing students with a quality Christian educational experience for over 40 years. With campuses in Wantirna South and Narre Warren South, Waverley Christian College will have an enrolment of over 2200 students with 400 staff across both campuses in 2024.
The Wantirna South Campus is seeking a part-time Student Wellbeing Coordinator (FTE 0.6) to commence in January 2024.
We are looking for a Student Wellbeing Coordinator whose primary role will be to champion holistic wellbeing through proactive health promotion in areas of mental, physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing; to provide pastoral care, timely interventions, and counselling to the student body. In this role you will actively practice your Christian faith and engage in the spiritual rhythms of the College, and thus inspire the development of Christian spiritual values in students.
You are an ideal candidate if you
· Have qualifications at Bachelor level in Counselling and/or Psychology
· Have registration with appropriate body such as Psychology Board of Australia, the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA), the Australian Counselling Association (ACA) or the Christian Counsellors Association of Australia (CCAA)
· Christian pastoral care qualifications would be highly regarded
· Are Highly motivated
· Are Health and Safety minded
· Have good administrative and Microsoft Office 365 skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Have excellent problem-solving skills
· Enjoy working in a team environment
· Be able to show a commitment to the values and ethos of Christian education
· Be willing to get involved in all aspects of the College’s programs and opportunities
· High level communication and interpersonal skills
Some of the benefits of working at Waverley Christian College include:
· Salaries commensurate with the Victorian Government Schools Agreement
· A range of salary packaging options
· School fees discounts for staff whose children attend the school (after 12 months) working more than 0.4 FTE
· Paid parental leave
· Flexible work opportunities
· Career and leadership professional development opportunities
· Employee Assistance Program
· Friendly and collegial community to work with
A Working with Children’s Check is mandatory. All potential employees will be required to comply with the College’s Child Safety Code of Conduct and the College’s Child Safety Policy. You will be expected to contribute proactively to a culture of child safety at the College.
A Position Description is available below the advertisement on the College website www.wcc.vic.edu.au.
Your application is to be submitted via the College website - www.wcc.vic.edu.au under the Careers Tab. Applicants are to include a Resume, Letter of Application, Pastoral Reference and complete the screening questions as part of the application process. Applicants will also need to provide three references. A police check less than three months old is also required prior to being hired.
Applications close: Thursday, 23rd November 2023
Enquiries: (03) 9871 8600
Quoting job number: 2023061
Waverley Christian College is committed to protecting the interests and safety of our students. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. All staff are responsible for the safety, care and wellbeing of children.
Please apply via the job advertisement on our College website.