Waverley Christian College is a Christian co-educational school from Kinder to Year 12. We have been providing students with a quality Christian educational experience for over 40 years. With campuses in Wantirna South and Narre Warren South, Waverley Christian College will have an enrolment of over 2200 students with 400 staff across both campuses in 2024.
The College is seeking a full-time Director of Student Wellbeing (FTE 1.0) to commence in January 2024.
As the Director of Student Wellbeing at Waverley Christian College, you will play a crucial role in leading a team of Student Wellbeing Coordinators across both the campuses – Wantirna South and Narre Warren South. This position aligns with our commitment to creating a supportive and nurturing environment that fosters mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness for our student body. This role involves an FTE 0.6 counselling workload focused on student interaction.
You are an ideal candidate if you
· Have Qualifications at Bachelor level in Counselling and/or Psychology
· Have Registration with appropriate body such as Psychology Board of Australia, the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA), the Australian Counselling Association (ACA) or the Christian Counsellors Association of Australia (CCAA).
· Have Christian pastoral care qualifications (would be highly regarded)
· Have Post graduate qualifications in leadership or business (would be well regarded)
· Are Highly motivated
· Are Health and Safety minded
· Have good administrative and Microsoft Office 365 skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Have excellent problem-solving skills
· Enjoy working in a team environment
· Be able to show a commitment to the values and ethos of Christian education
· Be willing to get involved in all aspects of the College’s programs and opportunities
· High level communication, interpersonal skills, conflict resolution and parent engagement experience during periods of stress and health issues
Some of the benefits of working at Waverley Christian College include:
· A range of salary packaging options
· School fees discounts for staff whose children attend the school (after 12 months) working more than 0.4 FTE
· Paid parental leave
· Flexible work opportunities
· Career and leadership professional development opportunities
· Employee Assistance Program
· Friendly and collegial community to work with
A Working with Children’s Check is mandatory. All potential employees will be required to comply with the College’s Child Safety Code of Conduct and the College’s Child Safety Policy. You will be expected to contribute proactively to a culture of child safety at the College.
A Position Description is available below the advertisement on the College website www.wcc.vic.edu.au.
Your application is to be submitted via the College website - www.wcc.vic.edu.au under the Careers Tab. Applicants are to include a Resume, Letter of Application, Pastoral Reference and complete the screening questions as part of the application process. Applicants will also need to provide three references. A police check less than three months old is also required prior to being hired.
Applications close: Thursday, 23rd November 2023
Enquiries: (03) 9871 8600
Quoting job number: 2023060
Waverley Christian College is committed to protecting the interests and safety of our students. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. All staff are responsible for the safety, care and wellbeing of children.
Please apply via the job advertisement on our College website.