Heathdale Christian College is a thriving learning community that strives to enable staff and students to fulfill their unique God-given potential.
We are seeking a Casual Relief Teacher to join our Team at our Melton campus to commence in Term 3. This position requires a teacher to have the ability to effectively replace classroom teachers throughout the Primary levels from Prep to Year 6 and someone that is willing to be a team player to assist our Primary classroom teachers.
• Exercise a particular pastoral responsibility for students in their classrooms.
• Demonstrated commitment to serving Christ in Christian Education.
• Ability to work within a team environment.
• Adaptability and flexibility to work across Primary school, Prep to Year 6.
• Participate in the understanding of the College's Christian philosophy of education and its practical outworking through the professional development of staff.
• Ability to lead, inspire, support, and encourage students through teaching from a Christian worldview.
• Capacity to select and use appropriately, a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies to suit the needs of a diverse range of students.
• Demonstrate a high level of communication, professional and interpersonal skills when relating to teachers, students, parents, and colleagues.
• Provide assistance to other team members and colleagues if or when required.
• For more information, please see below for a detailed Position Description.
The successful candidate must have:
• Minimum Degree in Primary Education
• Valid VIT registration
• Strong verbal and written communication skillset
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Ability to work across Prep to Year 6
How To Apply
If you have the relevant skills, abilities and qualifications, please click on the Apply button now to submit your application. A detailed position description is located below, and if you have any further questions, please contact People & Development via email email@example.com.
The College has a zero tolerance of child abuse. We have established a series of Policies, Procedures and a Code of Conduct for all employees, volunteers and contractors working with our students. This is aimed to protect children from abuse and embed a culture of child safety in the school environment.