WYNDHAM CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
Instrumental Music Teachers, January 2024
Wyndham Christian College is seeking to employ innovative, passionate and engaging teachers, commencing in January 2024, to be a key part of our team. We invite applicants who can teach one/more of the following:
· Brass (Trumpet/Trombone)
· Woodwind (Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone-Alto and Tenor)
· Percussion (tuned and untuned)
These positions are part-time, with negotiable times/quantity of hours of teaching (with the potential to grow). It involves teaching students across a range of ability levels and being involved in the Year 7 and Year 8 Band programs.
Key Selection Criteria
1. Demonstrated capacity to deliver instruction in the instrumental music program; in one or more of the instruments/instrument groups listed above, individually and/or in small groups.
2. Demonstrated capacity to work as part the Music team and contribute significantly to the achievements of the team.
3. Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills when relating to students, parents and teachers with a commitment and capacity to actively contribute to the College’s co-curricular program as an enthusiastic member of the College team.
4. Demonstrated commitment to professional learning and growth for both self and others.
5. Demonstrated exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to responsible professional practice which embrace the College’s Vision, Values and Mission.
1. Current Working with Children Check or VIT registration
2. Current Level 2 First Aid and CPR Certificate – and/or a commitment to on-going training, including in anaphylaxis and asthma management
3. Willingness to undertake a National Criminal History Record Check upon appointment
Applications will be received as advertised until Friday 8 December 2023 and should be marked with the position you are applying for and sent via email to the Music Coordinator, Kristy Cochrane at email@example.com
Applicants are invited to provide:
· a cover letter
· a concise curriculum vitae including:
o personal details
o career experience, and
o academic attainments
· three referees
In your cover letter, you may want to include reference to your:
· ability to perform your responsibilities in a manner which reflects the College’s mission
· capacity and experience to deliver the subject area
Wyndham Christian College
Wyndham Christian College (WCC) is a rapidly growing College with big ambitions for each student. WCC provides engaging learning opportunities for students from Prep through to Year 8 with year levels 9 to 12 being added over the next 4 years. We provide an innovative learning framework within a safe and supportive Christian environment with a vision for all our students to Grow in Christ, Strive for Excellence and Influence the World. .
Staff members are expected to be supportive of the Wyndham Christian College Statement of Faith
If you are successful in obtaining an interview, you will be contacted by telephone. If your application is not successful, you will be notified by email.
Should you require any further information please telephone the College office on 03 8740 4770 or visit our website at, www.wyndhamcc.vic.edu.au
 The College is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. Everyone working at the College is responsible for the care and protection of children. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Child Safety Code of Conduct and the College’s Child Protection and Safety Policy. Applicants are required to provide a valid Working With Children Check/VIT and will be subject to background checking in accordance with this policy.