HEATHERTON CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
Brass Teacher, January 2024
Heatherton Christian College is seeking to employ an innovative, passionate and engaging teacher of brass (trumpet and trombone) to be a key part of our team, commencing in January 2024.
This position is part-time and involves up to two days (0.4) of teaching (with the potential to grow) and will involve leadership of the senior band. It involves teaching students across a range of ability levels and being involved in the Year 7 and Year 8 Band programs.
Key Selection Criteria
1. Demonstrated capacity to deliver instruction in the instrumental music program; trumpet and trombone, individually and/or in small groups.
2. Demonstrated capacity to work as part the Music team and contribute significantly to the achievements of the team.
3. Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills when relating to students, parents and teachers with a commitment and capacity to actively contribute to the College’s co-curricular program as an enthusiastic member of the College team.
4. Demonstrated commitment to professional learning and growth for both self and others.
5. Demonstrated exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to responsible professional practice which embrace the College’s Vision, Values and Mission.
1. Current Working with Children Check or VIT registration
2. Current Level 2 First Aid and CPR Certificate – and/or a commitment to on-going training, including in anaphylaxis and asthma management
3. Willingness to undertake a National Criminal History Record Check upon appointment
Applications will be received as advertised until Friday 1 December 2023 and should be marked with the position you are applying for and sent via email to the Head of Music, Jenny Fairweather at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are invited to provide:
· a cover letter
· a concise curriculum vitae including:
o personal details
o career experience, and
o academic attainments
· three referees
In your cover letter, you may want to include reference to your:
· ability to perform your responsibilities in a manner which reflects the College’s mission
· capacity and experience to deliver the subject area
Heatherton Christian College
Heatherton Christian College is an independent, Christian co-educational College for students from Prep to Year 12. The College is located in the South-East suburbs of Melbourne, about a 30-minute drive from the Melbourne CBD and has a current enrolment of 365 students. 
We believe in a holistic education where academic learning is balanced with the pursuit of spiritual, emotional, social, and physical wellbeing. The teachers are hand-picked for their professionalism and develop strong and caring relationships with their students as they encourage them to grow as learners and grow in their faith and character.
Staff members are expected to be supportive of the Heatherton Christian College Statement of Faith.
If you are successful in obtaining an interview, you will be contacted by telephone. If your application is not successful, you will be notified by email.
Should you require any further information please telephone the College office on 03 8551 6650 or visit our website at www.hcc.vic.edu.au
 The College is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. Everyone working at the College is responsible for the care and protection of children. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Child Safety Code of Conduct and the College’s Child Protection and Safety Policy. Applicants are required to provide a valid Working With Children Check/VIT and will be subject to background checking in accordance with this policy.