WHERE WE TEACH DIFERENTLY & STUDENTS LEARN DIFFERENTLY!
ECG is an independent senior school that guides students who struggle in mainstream schooling to achieve a high school completion with necessary skills to assist them into the workforce or onto further education. We are excited to be expanding into years 9 & 10 (subject to approval) in 2024 and we need
We are seeking multiple roles
- Part-Time roles available
- 1-5 days a week on offer
- during school terms only (All holidays off!)
- Multi-Campus - Warragul, Pakenham, Leongatha - let us know your preference
- Positions available for: Start in term 1, 2024
Applications Close Monday 18th December - Please Note: position may close early if sufficient number of suitable applicants are found prior to the closing date.
We are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic Learning Support Officers to join our team in providing educational support to students with diverse learning needs. The successful candidates will be responsible for assisting the teaching staff in creating an inclusive learning environment, ensuring that all students have access to the curriculum and educational resources in a customised approach.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of learning styles
- Professional relationships are established with students based on trust and respect utilising a “strengths based” approach.
- Demonstrate a positive and collaborative partnership with teachers in working with students.
- Information regarding student progress and areas of need are communicated to teachers and /or wellbeing staff in a timely manner
- Complete administrative tasks and documentation utilising student management system (Compass) ,including Individual Education Plans (IEPs), funding submissions, attendance, student progress, incident or any behavioural or other significant matters in a timely manner
- Provide individual and / or group support as required including flexibility in moving between classes, groups and working with wellbeing staff.
- When required, accompany students on excursions, school camps and other out of school activities.
- Work with teachers to use effective classroom management strategies that encourage students to take responsibility for their behaviour in line with organisational policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested, in a timely, professional, empathetic, accurate manner and in accordance with Community College Gippsland Policies and Procedures
- Contribute to the safety of all students by adhering to the Child Safe Policies, Procedures and Codes of Conduct to ensure all students with CCG are in a safe and inclusive learning environment. CCG is a child safe organisation and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all students. CCG has zero tolerance for child abuse
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in working within a school environment supporting students to achieve their individual goals
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Clear understanding of confidentiality and privacy principles
- Knowledge of the Child Safe Standards and ability to adhere to and proactively support them.
- Demonstrated understanding of the social, cultural, economic, and educational features of the region and the impact these have on young people and their families.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the barriers to engagement in education faced by young people including those from disadvantaged and marginalised backgrounds.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Child Safety Standards
- Certificate III in Education Support or equivalent
- Current Working with Children Check
- Clear Police Check
- Level 2 First Aid
If this sounds like the next step you want to take to make a difference to the community in a meaningful way, please submit your application with resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria listed above.
For further information and a full position description please see our website https://ccg.asn.au/jobs/
Community College Gippsland (CCG) is a child safe organisation with zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all students. CCG supports and adheres to Child Safety Standards.
United we belong. Together we thrive.
The CCG community welcomes people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities. We are enhanced by our diversity and learn through inclusion, respect and understanding.
At CCG we:
• Provide a safe and inclusive environment that is free from discrimination
• Empower students and harness their uniqueness through voice and agency
• Ensure equal employment opportunities for all and encourage the participation of underrepresented staff
• Celebrate the differences of our people and recognise their unique contributions to our community