ECG is an independent senior school that offered an alternate education to mainstream school and we are excited to be expanding into years 9 & 10 (subject to approval) in 2024. To do that our students need your support as a youth worker!
Part Time - 35 Hours Per Week
5 days per week
Multi Campus - Warragul, Leongatha, Pakenham
Applications close Monday 18th December - Please Note: position may close early if a suitable applicant is found prior to the closing date.
We are seeking a compassionate and motivated Youth Worker who will support students’ personal, social and emotional wellbeing and development through informal education, care or leisure approaches.
- Demonstrate by personal behaviour the values of Community College Gippsland
- Develop professional relationships with students based on trust and respect, which utilises a strengths-based approach.
- Link with professional and community services to support and empower students to access services as required and strengthen their relationships with their families and other support networks.
- Promote and provide activities that encourage a sense of belonging and engagement with the school community.
- Assist students who are heightened to deescalate and support them to manage a situation where they are struggling to control their emotions.
- Encourage participation of students, in activity planning (e.g. sports, arts, outdoors, etc.), project development (community, educational, etc.), evaluation and review of activities.
- Facilitate a preventative approach to wellbeing support including developing student’s skills and knowledge in areas such as self-regulation, social and emotional wellbeing, and physical and mental health.
- Provide individual support of students at risk in the form of information, advice, advocacy, engagement, referral and case management including mandatory reporting requirements.
- Undertake relevant administration duties, including accurate documentation of all relevant client information, case notes and program outcomes.
- Liaise with Teachers, Learning Support staff and the Wellbeing Team to identify and support areas of need for students. Assist in the development of IEP’s (Social and Emotional Goals) and Support Plans as required.
- Contribute to the safety of all students by adhering to the Child Safe Policies, Procedures and Codes of Conduct to ensure all students with CCG are in a safe and inclusive learning environment. CCG is a child safe organisation and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all students. CCG has zero tolerance for child abuse
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Demonstrated experience of:
- Supporting the wellbeing of disengaged youth preferably in a school setting including de-escalation, crisis intervention and referral/liaison with services.
- Evidence of building community using activities and events to build relationships.
- A demonstrated understanding of self-regulation, social and emotional wellbeing, physical and mental health education and empowerment.
- Facilitate a preventative approach to wellbeing support including developing student’s skills and knowledge in areas such as self-regulation, social and emotional wellbeing and physical and mental health.
- Engaging professionally with students, colleagues, parents/carers and the community.
- Strong links and an understanding of Youth issues in the Gippsland region.
- Clear Police check
- Clear Working with Children Check
- Current Victorian drivers license
- Certificate IV or Diploma of Youth Work or equivalent qualification
- Youth workers are required to follow and practice “The Code of Ethical Practice for the Victorian Youth Worker Sector”, as outlined by YACVIC to ensure the programs and practices are safe for young people and are of a high standard.
If this sounds like the next step you want to take to make a difference to the community in a meaningful way, please submit your application with resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria listed above.
For further information and a full position description please see our website https://ccg.asn.au/jobs/
Community College Gippsland (CCG) is a child safe organisation with zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all students. CCG supports and adheres to Child Safety Standards.
United we belong. Together we thrive.
The CCG community welcomes people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities. We are enhanced by our diversity and learn through inclusion, respect and understanding.
At CCG we:
- Provide a safe and inclusive environment that is free from discrimination
- Empower students and harness their uniqueness through voice and agency
- Ensure equal employment opportunities for all and encourage the participation of underrepresented staff
- Celebrate the differences of our people and recognise their unique contributions to our community