EXECUTIVE MANAGER - GOVERNANCE AND RISK
Applications close COB Wednesday 29th November
Community College Gippsland (CCG) transforms lives and livelihoods through learning. Our history as a not-for-profit organisation dates back over 45 years and we are growing and evolving as we enter our most exciting chapter yet. Will you be a part of our future?
We are seeking a highly organised, experienced, and motivated professional to ensure CCG complies with all statutory and regulatory requirements as a registered Independant School, Registered Training Organisation and Learn Local Provider. The successful applicant will enjoy the opportunity to work alongside a dynamic Executive Team, make a real difference in our community, and benefit from an attractive salary package.
An integral member of our Executive Team, this position plays a lead role in the compliance of:
- Our Independent School - ECG Secondary College
- Our Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and Learn Local
Your skills and experience will include:
- Sound knowledge of the Standards and Guidelines related to Education and Training
- Compliance and risk management knowledge and application
- Highly organised with high standards of work
- Ability to build respectful and trusting relationships that benefit the organisation
ROLE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- The maintenance of all QA documents such as policies, procedures, forms, and registers that relate to the delivery of educational services.
- Ensuring all administrative procedures relating to educational services are optimally efficient, in line with related policies, and compliance requirements and are comprehensively documented.
- Ensuring all compliance related tasks are recorded accurately in CompliSpace and the corresponding actions required are being undertaken satisfactorily and within required timeframes.
- Ensuring all educational delivery and associated resources meet contractual, statutory, and regulatory requirements.
- Undertaking internal audits in accordance with the internal audit schedules.
- The coordination and facilitation of school and RTO external audits.
- Ensure that any rectifications arising through audits are documented within Audit Response Management Action Plans (or equivalent) and required actions are undertaken within required timeframes.
- The associated reporting and rectification requirements arising from both internal and external audits.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of compliance requirements and disseminating up to date compliance requirements to relevant staff.
- Monitoring the required Records Management and Retention/Disposal requirements specific to Child Safety, RTO and School requirements.
- Manage and maintain CCG’s RTO’s Scope of Registration – including additions to Scope.
- Ensure continuous improvement practices are embedded into all compliance related tasks and processes.
- Ensuring that all risks are monitored appropriately in line with CCG’s Risk Management Framework and that risks are recorded within CCG’s risk registers and appropriate risk mitigation strategies are in place and working effectively.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- 5+ years of compliance management experience at a high standard within either a secondary school and/or a Registered Training Organisation.
- Experience with and knowledge of Student Management Systems (CCG currently uses Compass and aXcelerate).
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to successfully communicate and liaise with people at all levels, both internal and external.
- Detailed knowledge of the Standards and Guidelines related to Education and Training.
- Understanding of the Child Safety and Wellbeing standards.
- Demonstrated high levels of discretion and professional judgement.
- Demonstrated workflow management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrable competency in use of Microsoft products (i.e., Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Demonstrable successful task organisation skills and implementation of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrable capacity to effectively manage diversity of tasks working to strict deadlines.
- Absolute discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Clear Police Check or a Victorian Institute of Teaching Licence
- Clear Working with Children Check or a Victorian Institute of Teaching Licence
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- Cert IV or Diploma in Management/Business/Quality/Auditing (desirable)
- Cert IV in Training & Assessment or Diploma of Vocational Education & Training or relevant discipline (desirable); or
- Victorian Institute of Teaching Licence (desirable)
If this sounds like the next step you want to take to make a difference to the community in a meaningful way, please submit your application with resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria listed above.
For more information about the role, please contact Dale Gemmell, CEO, on 5622 6000. To access the full position description, please see our website www.ccg.asn.au/jobs
Community College Gippsland (CCG) is a child safe organisation with zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all students. CCG supports and adheres to Child Safety Standards.
United we belong. Together we thrive.
The CCG community welcomes people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities. We are enhanced by our diversity and learn through inclusion, respect and understanding.
At CCG we:
• Provide a safe and inclusive environment that is free from discrimination
• Empower students and harness their uniqueness through voice and agency
• Ensure equal employment opportunities for all and encourage the participation of underrepresented staff
• Celebrate the differences of our people and recognise their unique contributions to our community