The Registrar is primarily responsible for all tasks associated with enrolment enquiries, enrolment registration and pre-commencement relationships and activities. The role also includes responsibility for conducting campus tours and liaison with other groups in the school.
The Registrar represents the school to the community and to prospective parents during their early relationship with the school and must have a strong appreciation of Preshil’s philosophy and educational values and the capacity to communicate these to a variety of audiences.
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Enrolment Campaigns
- Process Enrolment Applications
- Inclusive Education
- Manage Student Records.
- School Tours and Open Days
KEY INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Senior Management Team including the Principal, the Heads of Campus and the Business Manager
- Communications and Marketing Manager
- Data Administrator
- Inclusive Education Leader
KEY EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
KEY FORUMS / MEETINGS
- Leadership Meetings
- Enrolment and Marketing meetings
Undertake recruitment campaigns to build enrolments to the school’s designated optimum levels, in line with the school’s strategic goals by
- working with the Communications and Marketing Manager to employ social media and other electronic communication techniques for enrolments.
- providing a high level customer service to prospective parents by promptly and efficiently answering and responding to initial enrolment enquiries (phone, email, letter, etc.)
- initiating regular communication, mail-outs and data collection in relation to waiting lists, applications, admission and exit processes.
- liaising with the Communications and Marketing Manager to update enrolment information and the School prospectus as required.
- Coordinate printing, collation and dissemination of admissions/enrolment information including the annual parent information handbook
PROCESS ENROLMENT APPLICATIONS
Process enrolment applications by
- coordinating enrolment processes for all new students – interviews, special needs identification, confirmation, induction arrangements – with appropriate procedures in line with the school’s enrolment policy and procedures.
- liaising with the Business Manager to ensure timely payment and accurate record-keeping regarding application and enrolment payments.
- ensuring that all enrolment documentation is updated and comprehensive, including privacy, informed consent, special needs provision, fee schedules, etc
- analysing enrolment trends and exit information data to the Principal at each meeting and preparing enrolment figures and forecasts for the Principal to present to Council meetings.
- periodically reviewing enrolment procedures and policy.
- assisting with the management of transition to school liaising with the Inclusive Education Team, the Heads of Campus and Year Level Coordinators as required.
- liaising with the Heads of Campus and the Head of Early Learning in scheduling and management of transition interviews.
- coordinating, promoting and managing the scholarship program and application process.
Liaising with the Inclusive Education Leader to ensure that enrolled students are provided with learning support as required by
- collecting and collating data relating to future student such as NAPLAN tests, diagnostic testing and other relevant reports.
- consulting with the Inclusive Education Leader in regard to future student’s learning support or assistance with a disability if required.
- overseeing the coordination of exchange students (inbound and outbound) in liaison with Principal and Head of Campus
- maintain accurate and confidential student records for current, past and future students.
- update student data including changes to contact details, correspondence, interview records, enrolment applications, offers of placement, student medical details, family information, court orders, Allied Health Professional reports, and related materials.
- work with the Data Administrator to roll over future student data to current students as well as exiting students to past student records.
- forward student transfer forms as appropriate.
- assist the Business Manager with preparing the census data and other student information required by regulatory bodies.
- report all current and future enrolment statistics to the Principal and/or the Business Manager on a regular basis.
SCHOOL TOURS AND OPEN DAYS
- organise the promotion and conduct of open days, information sessions, campus tours, induction programs and events across campuses
- ensure that all marketing materials and School publications are available on Open Days and for School tours.
PARENT AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
Serve as a liaison between the school and parents, community members and other stakeholders, addressing concerns, and fostering positive relationships.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Adherence to Preshil’s Code of Conduct and to Preshil’s cultural values
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Previous experience in similar registrar roles is highly desirable.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in using student information systems and other relevant technologies.
The successful candidate will have:
- A commitment to the Preshil Values Framework
- A willingness to promote the ethos of the School as established in the “Courage” document, the International Baccalaureate Organisation and the School’s Strategic Plan
- A willingness to innovate and encourage the development of creativity.
- Well-developed communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills that contribute to open and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and the wider community.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children.
- Ability to self-manage and manage staff whilst maintaining the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality; and
- Willingness to participate in all aspects of the Preshil community, including co-curricular activities such as festivals and open days.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Preshil is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to and values diversity, equity and inclusion.
- At Preshil School we have zero tolerance for child abuse and are committed to acting in children’s best interests and keeping them safe from harm. All staff are to abide by the Child Safety Code of Conduct.
- All children attending Preshil have a right to feel and be safe. The welfare of the children in our care will always be our priority. Preshil is committed to the principles of cultural safety and inclusion of children from diverse backgrounds and to the safety and inclusion of children with disability, and we recognise that these principles support the safety of all children. All actions and programs will maintain high ethical standards and comply with child safety standards and child protection reporting guidelines.
- At Preshil, particular attention is given to the child safety needs of First Nations students, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, international students, students with disabilities, those unable to live at home, children and young people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) and other students experiencing risk or vulnerability. Inappropriate or harmful behaviour targeting students based on these or other characteristics, such as racism or homophobia, is not tolerated at our school, and any instances identified will be addressed with appropriate consequences.
- Preshil will take all reasonably practicable steps to provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, students, contractors, volunteers and visitors. All staff take responsibility for a safe and healthy work environment (for themselves and their work and for others affected by their work ) and have a commitment to equal employment opportunity and a workplace free from bullying, discrimination and harassment. They must not wilfully interfere with or misuse items or facilities in the interests of the health, safety and welfare of school employees and students.
- All staff are required to observe and uphold all of Preshil’s Privacy policies and procedures as implemented or varied from time to time.
- Preshil operates a smoke-free work environment.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
This appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check as required under the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012 and a Police Check. Our school undertakes several screening tests to ensure the appropriate protection of children in our care. This includes reference checks, identity checks, qualification checks and professional registration checks.