About the School:
With growth comes opportunity. Develop your career!
- Hume Anglican Grammar is a multi-campus co-educational Anglican Diocesan School offering education from Prep to Year 12 in the Northern growth corridor of Melbourne. Hume Anglican Grammar has an open enrolment policy so educates children from many faiths and with a diverse range of backgrounds and abilities.
- Since 2011, the School has occupied the Mt Ridley P-12 campus and has1,400 students. In 2019, it opened a second campus in Donnybrook. Commencing with junior primary, and will ultimately have an enrolment of 1,300 from Prep to Year 12.
- In 2023, the School opened its third campus in Kalkallo, as a Primary (P-6) school and as feeder to the Mt Ridley and Donnybrook Secondary schools, it will follow a similar growth pattern to Donnybrook with eventually some 600 students.
- This year, the school has 2,287 students and employs some 240 staff - 163 teaching and 77 non-teaching. Currently, the student enrolment at each campus is: Mt Ridley 1,400, Donnybrook 672 & Kalkallo 215.
- The school is on a growth trajectory and in 2024 is projected to increase to 2,573 students and ultimately have some 3,300 students (Mt Ridley 1,400, Donnybrook 1,300 and Kalkallo 600) with a corresponding cohort of teaching and general staff on its three campuses with plans for further expansion.
It is not by chance that we have young people who readily display warmth, humour and respect for one another and their teachers.
About the Role:
We are seeking a passionate and committed educator in Performing Arts to join our team in a supportive and professional environment at our Mt Ridley Campus. This role will commence as soon as possible and will be part-time (0.4 FTE) on a fixed-term basis, teaching Drama and Dance for the 2024 academic year with a possibility of extension.
All teachers share a significant responsibility in preparing young people to lead successful and productive lives. The quality of the teacher is the single-most important in-school factor influencing student achievement. Teachers can be a source of inspiration and, equally importantly, provide a dependable and consistent influence on young people as they grow and flourish, and ultimately make choices about their future. All Teachers are expected to actively engage in the co-curricular and pastoral care program.
Hume Anglican Grammar is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to satisfy child protection screening and adhere to the School's Child Safe Policy and Staff Code of Conduct. These documents may be downloaded from the School website.
For the full position description please visit our website.
How to apply?
- Applications are required via SEEK, attaching the Hume Anglican Grammar Application Form
- Please visit our website for the Application Form and the Position Description (which contains the KSC) humegrammar.vic.edu.au/employment
- Please address your application to the Assistant Principal and include the following three separate documents; Cover Letter, Resume and Application Form.
- ***Applicants who do not upload a completed Application Form will not have their application considered. ***
Please don't hesitate to direct any questions to the Assistant Principal; Jeremy Martin via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications may be viewed as they are submitted, and the position may be filled prior to the expiry of this Advertisement - so please apply now!