About the School:
With growth comes opportunity. Grow your career!
- Hume Anglican Grammar is a multi-campus co-educational Anglican Diocesan School offering education from Prep to Year 12 in the Northern growth corridor of Melbourne. Hume Anglican Grammar has an open enrolment policy so educates children from many faiths and with a diverse range of backgrounds and abilities.
- Since 2011, the School has occupied the Mt Ridley P-12 campus and has1,400 students. In 2019, it opened a second campus in Donnybrook. Commencing with junior primary, and will ultimately have an enrolment of 1,300 from Prep to Year 12.
- In 2023, the School opened its third campus in Kalkallo, as a Primary (P-6) school and as feeder to the Mt Ridley and Donnybrook Secondary schools, it will follow a similar growth pattern to Donnybrook with eventually some 600 students.
- This year, the school has 2,287 students and employs some 240 staff - 163 teaching and 77 non-teaching. Currently, the student enrolment at each campus is: Mt Ridley 1,400, Donnybrook 672 & Kalkallo 215.
- The school is on a growth trajectory and in 2024 is projected to increase to 2,573 students and ultimately have some 3,300 students (Mt Ridley 1,400, Donnybrook 1,300 and Kalkallo 600) with a corresponding cohort of teaching and general staff on its three campuses with plans for further expansion.
It is not by chance that we have young people who readily display warmth, humour and respect for one another and their teachers.
About the role:
Hume now calls for applications for the position of Receptionist at our Donnybrook campus. This role will commence as soon as possible and will be part-time (Monday to Wednesday only) on a fixed-term basis, concluding on Friday, 6 December 2024.
The Receptionist plays a pivotal role in the organisation of the Administration office and also holds a number of responsibilities in the Student Services area in maintaining the complete records of current students at the School. This role has the responsibility for providing high quality and professional customer service as well as exceptional administrative support to the Enrolments team.
The Receptionist is a part of the General Staff and works proactively and collaboratively in a team environment to support and enrich their collective responsibilities.
The role of the Receptionist is a genuine job share position and is also required to be flexible and provide relief support during periods of leave.
The Receptionist works in partnership with the Administration staff and on a day-to-day basis, reports to the Assistant Principal – Primary (DB), and ultimately to the office of the Business Manager through the Executive Assistant to the Business Manager.
- Demonstrated experience working on a busy reception desk.
- Strong capability working in a team environment.
- Highly proficient computer skills in the MS 365 - Outlook, Teams, Word, and Excel.
- Data entry experience, preferably working with a database.
- A current Working with Children check.
- Certification in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the Synergetic School Management System.
- Experience working within a School environment.
- Experience working in a role which has operated via a similar role structure (i.e., job share, handovers, etc.).
For the full position description please visit our website.
Hume Anglican Grammar is committed to child safety. As such, the successful applicant will be expected to obtain a Police Check and satisfy child protection screening (Working With Children Check), as well as adhere to the Schools Child Safety Policy and Staff Code of Conduct. These documents may be downloaded from the School website.
How to apply?
- Applications are required via SEEK, attaching the Hume Anglican Grammar Application Form
- Please visit our website for the Application Form and the Position Description (which contains the KSC) humegrammar.vic.edu.au/employment
- Please address your application to the Assistant Principal and include the following three separate documents; Cover Letter, Resume and Application Form.
- ***Applicants who do not upload a completed Application Form will not have their application considered. ***
For any enquiries, please contact the Assistant Principal - Rebecca Fry via email: email@example.com
Applications may be viewed as they are submitted, and the position may be filled prior to the expiry of this Advertisement - so please apply now!